About Lux Foundry
Once an oven manufacturer, now a cafe. It’s a story alright.
Built in 1889 our heritage-listed warehouse was the former Brunswick Gas & Coke Company.
It is the last retort house to remain from several gas-making works built in the nineteenth century around Melbourne.
The Lux Foundry purchased the site in 1906 and the warehouse served as the company’s workshop for making their popular Lux brand stoves.
This continued until the late 1950s when the firm was taken over by the Ferrier Company.
Lux Foundry is a bustling warehouse cafe in the back streets of Brunswick.
Serving locals for over 10 years, our modern menu offers innovative dishes using locally sourced ingredients.
Our expansive courtyard is perfect for sunny days and is also pooch-friendly. Our beans are by Proud Mary, and we’re passionate about supporting our amazing local suppliers.
Find Us Here
21 Hope St, Brunswick VIC 3056
The best parking is found along Hope Street. Some areas have time limits whilst slightly further down and around the cafe is unlimited and only within a few minutes walk.